Communication is the exchange of ideas, opinions and information through written or spoken words, symbols or actions. But Business Communication is any communication used to promote a product, service, or organization – with the objective of making sale. The basic functions of management (Planning,Organizing, Staffing, Directing and Controlling) cannot be performed well without effective communication.Communication here plays a very important role in process of directing and controlling the people in the organization.
Business Communication is goal oriented. The rules, regulations and policies of a company have to be communicated to people within and outside the organization. Business Communication is regulated by certain rules and norms.
Advice on Improving Communication in Business :
- Establish how you can help the other person Find out what they need.
- Stay on point It can be very easy to get distracted from the reason for a meeting.
- Ask the right Questions about the Goals and Objectives of Project.
- Schedule and Prepare thoroughly.
- Communicate Professionally.
- Address Problems.
- Be Responsive.
- Invite Participation.