Ratan Tata is another Motivational Personality whose life story is a Success story of Hardwork , Determination, Dedication.
Tata began his career in the Tata group in 1961. He initially started on the shop floor of Tata Steel, shovelling limestone and handling the blast furnace. But after years of Hardwork , he became the Chairman of Tata Sons, the holding company of the Tata group, from 1991 till his retirement on December 28, 2012. He was also chairman of the major Tata companies, including Tata Motors, Tata Steel, Tata Consultancy Services, Tata Power, Tata Global Beverages, Tata Chemicals, Indian Hotels and Tata Teleservices.
The Government of India also honoured Mr Tata with its second-highest civilian award, the Padma Vibhushan, in 2008. Forbes Magazine also declared him as the ” Most Powerful Man ” .
Some of his Great Quotes would really be stimulating for the todays youngsters like :
- I don’t believe in taking right decisions. I take decisions and then make them right.
- Ups and downs in life are very important to keep us going, because a straight line even in an ECG means we are not alive.
- Take the stones people throw at you, and use them to build a monument.
- None can destroy iron, but its own rust can! Likewise none can destroy a person, but its own mindset can!
- I admire people who are very successful. But if that success has been achieved through too much ruthlessness, then I may admire that person, but I can’t respect him.