Procrastination is to put off doing something . Everyone procrastinates sometimes, but 20 percent of people chronically avoid difficult tasks and deliberately look for distractions
It is rightly said by Edward Young that ,”Procrastination is the thief of time” . Overcoming Procrastination and Managing your Time is the only way to success .
How to Overcome Procrastination
Recognize That You’re Procrastinating: some of the indicators are :
- Filling your day with low priority tasks from your To Do List.
- Reading e-mails several times without starting work on them or deciding what you’re going to do with them.
- Sitting down to start a high-priority task, and almost immediately going off to make a cup of coffee.
- Leaving an item on your To Do list for a long time, even though you know it’s important.
- Regularly saying “Yes” to unimportant tasks that others ask you to do, and filling your time with these instead of getting on with the important tasks already on your list.
- Waiting for the “right mood” or the “right time” to tackle the important task at hand.
ways to deal with Procrastination are :
- Deal with Your Fear
- Make a List
- Break Projects Down into More Manageable Segments
- Recognize the Onset of Procrastination
- Eliminate Distractions
- Reward Yourself